Are you looking for some fun and creative ideas to spice up your winter date nights? Look no further! I’ve compiled a list of 70+ unique winter date ideas that are sure to keep you and your significant other entertained all season long.
No matter what your interests or budget, there’s a winter date idea on this list that’s perfect for you and your partner. So grab your favourite winter coat, bundle up, and get ready to create some unforgettable memories together.
70+ Winter Date Ideas
Winter is a great season for spending quality time with your significant other. Here are my favourite winter date ideas to keep you and your partner entertained all season long. From basics like ice skating to innovative ideas like pyjama parties and dessert hunting.
P.S. Number 65 is the best one imo.
1. Ice skating: Take a spin around the ice rink hand in hand.
2. Build a snowman: Get creative and build a snowman together.
3. Go sledding: Find a nearby hill and go sledding together.
4. Snowshoeing: Explore the winter wonderland around you with a snowshoeing adventure.
5. Hot chocolate and a movie: Cozy up with a cup of hot chocolate and watch a romantic movie.
6. Indoor picnic: Set up a picnic indoors with candles, blankets, and your favourite foods.
7. Board game night: Spend a night playing your favourite board games.
8. Bake cookies
9. Wine tasting: Visit a local winery and sample some delicious wines.
10. Visit a museum: Spend a day exploring a museum and learning something new together.
11. Karaoke night: Belt out your favourite tunes at a local karaoke bar.
12. Attend a holiday market: Browse the stalls at a festive holiday market.
13. Go on a scenic drive: Take a drive through the winter landscape and enjoy the scenery.
14. Visit a hot spring: Warm up in a natural hot spring.
15. Husky tour
16. Have a snowball fight: Let loose and have some fun with a snowball fight.
17. Go to a comedy show: Laugh the night away at a comedy show.
18. Visit an ice castle or ice hotel: Explore a magical ice castle together.
19. Take a cooking class: Learn to cook a new dish together.
20. Go snow tubing
21. Have a bonfire: Stay warm by the fire and roast marshmallows together.
22. Go stargazing: Bundle up and admire the stars together.
23. Try indoor rock climbing: Get active with indoor rock climbing.
24. Attend a hockey game: Cheer on your favourite team at a hockey game.
25. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride: Enjoy a romantic ride through the snow.
26. Visit an aquarium: Spend a day exploring the underwater world.
27. Have a game night: Challenge each other to a game night at home.
28. Go on a winter hike: Take a scenic winter hike together.
29. Take a dance class: Learn a new dance together.
30. Go to a rage room
31. Take a pottery class: Get creative with a pottery class.
32. Have a spa day: Relax and unwind with a couples’ spa day.
33. Visit a planetarium: Learn about the stars and planets together.
34. Go to a wine and paint night: Sip on wine and create a masterpiece together.
35. Take a snowmobile tour: Explore the winter landscape on a snowmobile.
36. Go to an indoor amusement park
37. Try a new restaurant: Dine out at a new restaurant and try something new.
38. Go to a winter carnival: Enjoy the rides and games at a winter carnival.
39. Riding through the snow
40. Take a hot yoga class: Warm up with a hot yoga class.
41. Visit a nearby city: Take a day trip to a nearby city and explore.
42. Have a DIY night: Get crafty with a DIY night at home e.g. homemade candles.
43. Go on a sleigh ride: Enjoy a romantic sleigh ride through the snow.
44. Candlelight Concert
45. Take a brewery tour: Sample some delicious beer on a brewery tour.
46. Go on a winter camping trip: Bundle up and spend a night camping in the snow.
47. Create a signature cocktail: Get creative and mix up your own signature cocktail.
48. Build a Gingerbread House
49. Guessing Christmas Songs: Draw clues or try to imitate the melody to guess the name of popular Christmas songs.
50. Indoor games: Billard, Darts, Bowling, Indoor-Minigolf, Tabletennis, Airhockey
51. Escape Room
52. Soup Bar
53. Decorating the Christmas tree
54. Chocolate fountain and mulled wine
55. Building an igloo
56. Make a Hot Chocolate
58. Watch Old Christmas And Holiday Movies
59. Roast Marshmallows By The Fire
60. Go Dessert Hunting
61. Write a bucket list together
63. Have A Pajama Party
64. Take A Library Trip
65. Painting cups
66. Going to the ballet or theatre
67. Build Lego together
68. Body painting
69. Homemade pizza
70. Feeding deers
Why I Love Winter Dates
The winter season is a magical time and perfect for outdoor activities in the snow. I love the cold weather and everything that comes with it. But there are also plenty of fun indoor activities.
Probably the thing I like most is the cosy Christmas vibe where you can cuddle and watch movies all day, but go on a winter hike the next day. Check out my blog about making cosy Christmas couple photos here.
Indoor Winter Date Ideas (My Top 3)
Winter can be a magical time, but it can also be a bit chilly for outdoor activities. Fortunately, there are plenty of fun and cosy indoor winter date ideas to keep you and your partner entertained. Here are 3 ideas to get you started:
Cooking a meal together can be a fun and romantic way to spend an evening. Not only will you enjoy a delicious meal, but you’ll also get to bond over the experience of creating it. Consider trying a new recipe or making your favourite comfort food. You can even turn it into a competition by seeing who can make the best dish.
When it’s too cold to venture outside, a movie marathon can be a great way to pass the time. Pick a theme, such as holiday movies or your favourite actor, and settle in for a cosy night on the couch. Don’t forget the popcorn and hot cocoa! (Highly recommend Movieswipe here)
Board Game Night
Board games are a classic way to have fun indoors. Whether you prefer classic games like Monopoly or newer ones like Settlers of Catan, there’s a game out there for everyone. Make it a double date or invite a few friends over to make it even more fun.
Outdoor Winter Date Ideas (My Top 3)
While the cold weather may make it tempting to stay indoors, there are plenty of fun outdoor activities to enjoy together. Here are 3 winter date ideas to help you make the most of the season.
Ice skating is a classic winter activity that is perfect for a romantic date. Whether you’re a seasoned skater or a beginner, hitting the ice together can be a fun and memorable experience. Many cities have outdoor rinks that offer skate rentals and hot cocoa to warm up with after your skate. P.S. To spic things up, get some matching outfit ideas here.
A snowball fight is probably the classiest and funniest winter activity. Find an open area with plenty of snow and let the fun begin. You can even make it more interesting by setting up some targets or building snow forts to hide behind. Just make sure to dress warmly and stay safe.
A winter picnic can be a cosy and romantic way to spend time together. Find a scenic spot with a beautiful view and pack a basket with lots of warm blankets and your favourite winter snacks. You can even bring a thermos of hot cocoa or mulled wine to enjoy together. Just make sure to choose a spot that is sheltered from the wind and snow. (You can find further tipps here)
Winter Date Ideas for Adventure Lovers (My Top 3)
If you and your partner are the adventurous type, then winter is the perfect time to plan some exciting and thrilling dates. Here are some winter date ideas for adventure lovers that are sure to get your blood pumping and your heart racing. P.S. I also made a guide for camping photo ideas
One of the most popular and best winter activities for adventure lovers is skiing. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner, hitting the slopes with your partner is a great way to bond and have some fun. There are plenty of ski resorts that offer packages for couples, including lessons, equipment rentals, and accommodations. And if skiing isn’t your thing, you can always try snowboarding or snowshoeing 😉
Hiking in the Snow
If you’re looking for a more low-key adventure, consider going for a winter hike. Hiking in the snow can be a beautiful and peaceful experience, as long as you’re prepared for the cold weather. Make sure to dress in layers, wear waterproof boots, and bring plenty of snacks and water. (Click Here for a winter hike guide) And don’t forget to snap some photos of the winter wonderland scenery!
Visiting a Winter Festival
Winter festivals are a great way to experience the magic of the season while also having some fun. Many cities and towns host winter festivals that feature ice skating, sledding, snow sculptures, and more. You can also enjoy hot cocoa, roasted chestnuts, and other winter treats. Check your local events calendar to see what winter festivals are happening near you.
Romantic Winter Date Ideas (My Top 3)
Winter is a magical time for romance. The cold weather, fluffy snow, and cosy atmosphere make it the perfect season for snuggling up with your significant other. Here are 3 romantic winter date ideas to help you make the most of the season.
There’s nothing quite as romantic as a candlelight dinner. Set the mood with soft lighting, a bottle of wine, and a delicious home-cooked meal. You can even try your hand at making a winter-themed dish, like hearty stews or warm soups. Don’t forget to dress up for the occasion and make it a night to remember.
On a clear winter night, the stars can be breathtaking. Bundle up in warm blankets and head outside to enjoy the view. You can even bring along a hot drink to keep you warm. If you’re feeling adventurous, try identifying different constellations together.
Hot Chocolate by the Fireplace
Is there anything more cozy than snuggling up by the fireplace with a mug of hot chocolate? Make your hot chocolate from scratch and add your favourite toppings, like whipped cream or marshmallows. Then, sit back and enjoy the warmth of the fire and the company of your loved one.
Winter Date Ideas on a Budget (My Top 3)
Winter can be a magical time for couples, but it can also be an expensive one. Fortunately, there are plenty of winter date ideas that won’t break the bank. Here are 3 ideas to get you started:
Home Spa Night
Why go out when you can have a relaxing spa night in the comfort of your own home? Light some candles, put on some soothing music, and draw a warm bubble bath. You can even make your face masks and body scrubs using ingredients from your kitchen. Not only is it a budget-friendly date idea, but it’s also a great way to bond with your partner.
DIY Craft Night
Get creative with your partner by having a DIY craft night. You can make anything from homemade candles to personalized picture frames. Not only is it a fun and inexpensive way to spend time together, but you’ll also have a unique keepsake to remember your date by. P.S. You can also use it to make DIY Christmas gifts for friends and family.
Instead of going out to an expensive restaurant, host a potluck dinner with your partner. You can each make your favourite winter dish and enjoy a cosy night in. Not only will you save money, but you’ll also get to try new recipes and share your favourite dishes.
These winter date ideas on a budget are just a few examples of how you can have a romantic and memorable date without spending a lot of money. Get creative and have fun with your partner while staying within your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some fun and affordable winter date ideas?
Winter can be a great time to get creative with your date ideas without breaking the bank. Here are some fun and affordable winter date ideas to try out:
– Ice skating at a local rink
– Building a snowman or having a snowball fight
– Visiting a holiday market or festival
– Baking holiday treats together
– Having a cosy movie night at home with hot cocoa and popcorn
What are some unique outdoor winter date ideas?
– Going on a winter hike or snowshoeing
– Renting a cabin in the woods for a weekend getaway
– Going on a sleigh ride
– Trying out cross-country skiing or downhill skiing/snowboarding
– Taking a scenic winter drive to see holiday lights
What are some free winter date ideas?
– Having a game night at home with board games or card games
– Going on a winter nature walk
– Checking out holiday displays at a local mall or store
– Volunteering at a local charity or shelter
– Having a DIY project day at home, such as making homemade holiday decorations
What are some romantic winter date ideas?
– Having a candlelit dinner at home or a cosy restaurant
– Visiting a local winery or brewery for a tasting
– Going on a horse-drawn carriage ride
– Having a spa day together
– Going on a winter picnic with blankets and hot cocoa
What are some fun winter activities for couples?
– Trying out a new winter sport together, such as ice skating or skiing
– Going on a winter hike and having a picnic
– Having a game night with friends
– Taking a cooking class together
– Going on a winter camping trip
What are some cosy winter date ideas?
– Having a hot cocoa and movie night at home
– Having a fondue night with cheese or chocolate
– Cuddling up by the fireplace with a good book
– Having a board game or puzzle night at home
– Going on a winter stargazing adventure
If you liked this blog article about my favourite winter date ideas, don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest so you don’t miss any more date ideas and tell us, which of the above is your favourite winter date idea.